Monday, July 6, 2015

Suppression check

This morning I went in for my suppression check. That consists of blood work and an internal ultrasound to determine that my hormones and egg production has been at a stand still due to the introduction of birth control.

So blood work, it needs to be drawn by 7:45am in order to be picked up by the courier. The lab opens at 7, so I figured I would get there around 7:10/7:15 to let all the people who have to get to work have a turn first. I arrived and 15 FIFTEEEEEEN people were ahead of me. So I was a tad nervous about that, the phlebotomist said that he would make the courier wait for everyone to have their draw completed tho. So that was nice. What wasn't nice were the THREE tries it took to hit a vein. I might need to be "that" patient and request the phlebotomist that hits my difficult veins on the first time every time. I just feel like a jerk. But I cant do 3 tries every day ouch.





After that "shit show" I headed down to ultrasound to check on my little ovaries. We started internally, but that wasn't working, so we went abdominal. All the medical things today. sheesh.





The dr called and said we had the hormonal go ahead to stop the bcps and start stims on friday, the 10th.
Then I got a call after 5 today from the fertility pharmacy, they said that my insurance is requesting prior authorization for my gonal f (the stimulating hormone) I am suppose to start it on the 10th if I don't have Auth by the 9th I will have to pay OOP.... $1500 for 1 pen. I need at least 5.
I can buy one at a time and if I get authorization then I can be reimbursed. But I'm sorta freaking out about them approving it. We never had this hoop to jump through before...I suppose I'll be doing some harassing tomorrow!



And last but not least --- my kid at the beach! Just cuz he's cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment