Sunday, July 26, 2015

A transfer you say?

So this cycle has been different than any of my previous cycles. On saturday morning, 3 days after my egg retrieval I got the call that they were canceling my transfer and pushing us out to a day 5!
What this means - the longer the embryos can continue growing in the lab, the better chance we have at picking the strongest one. 5 days is the max amount of "lab time".
This is what embryos look like as they grow. Colin was an 8 cell, and Josh & Zoe were 7 and 9 cells.

The embryologist called me today to tell me about my transfer for tomorrow. I asked her about how many we had and their grades. We still have 7 (SEVEN!!!) 
This is how we (we meaning I have no part in this at all...) grade embryos
So the top ABC - this tells about the symmetry of the cells
The next row says 1234, in my practice they use GFP- good fair poor. This talks about the fragmentation or space and "extra" stuff in the embryo.
And of course the higher the cell count, the better.
Got it? Easy Peasy right?? HA
Anyways, lets keep this in mind - Josh and Zoe were 7BF and 9BF, Colin was an 8BF(one of the 8BFs in this cycle didnt make it).
We currently have 2 10BGs (AHHH) and 5 8/9CFs. One of the BGs will be transferred tomorrow at 12:15!
Say a little prayer for us that transfer goes smoothly!!
Tomorrow I will show you our little "embie" and I will explain the transfer procedure. I feel I have bombarded you with enough info for one post!

Oh and because some people have been asking, we will being doing a SET (Single Embryo Transfer). The doctor is too worried for me to carry twins again (even tho the TAC can handle it) but really the end all be all is the fact that insurance will only approve the transfer of one embryo graded better than an 8bf in patients under 35. So unless I want to pay for IVF (which I don't) then one it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment