Wednesday, July 8, 2015

It's like Christmas, for infertiles

 This will be quite the picture heavy post! I like pictures! I'm sure you do too
Look what came today!!!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!! A BOX OF NEEDLES!!


So here are my meds, the boxes on the left are patches and suppositories, all the boxes on the right are injections :( womp. (And bananas, because they are the only thing Colin eats, every time)
First is follistim - this is the "fresh" med that had me in a panic the other day about prior approval. This med wil make my ovaries hyper stimulate, it will make me make lots and lots of eggs as opposed to a natural womans cycle which is usually one or two eggs. This is a vile that I insert into a "pen", draw up the meds and use a new needle cap every day.



This is Ganarelix, it's "nice" because the syringes are already filled!


This med makes sure that my body doesn't release LH. If that hormone is released then I will ovulate too soon, this holds off that hormone until we tell it to do its job.



















Menopur is another stimulation medication, however this med helps to make eggs a better quality and also make more of the follicles mature. you draw up the med using a "q cap" then switch the end of the syringe to a needle. This med is my least favorite. It burns going in and gives some resistance when injecting. blek.
(If youre following, thats 3 injections a night so far...)

This here is Novarel and Lupron - one of these will be my trigger shot, the shot I will use that makes my body release eggs at a certain time. This is all very timed out. I take it 36 hours before my retrieval, and I need to be in the OR ready to go exactly at that time, or we could lose all the eggs. Talk about stressfullness!

Last we have Crinone and Estadiol. This comes after the retrieval. progesterone and estrogen help the pregnancy to "stick" and keeps all my hormone levels in check.

Now wasn't that fun!?!

Its so weird to be excited to give yourself a shot. I just want to get a move on!

Thanks for reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment