Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Buck buck buckkkkk

Today was egg laying day!!!
Or retrieval if you want to be all technical

We left bright an early so we could beat the traffic! When we got there they of course took my vitals. My BP was so outrageous number like 146/96 or something (needless to say I was petrified). The nurse was amazing, as they usually are, and she promised we would take our time and do the IV right.
She wrapped my arms in warm blankets and then took about 15 minutes to feel all possible places to put the IV. I appreciate her taking the time and not just jumping on what she "thought" might work. She decided to try for my hand but promised to not force the plastic cath if it wouldn't go. She got it!!! She got it on the first try and the least painful IV I have ever had!

Yes, I took a picture! Its a big deal!!! We waited a little while until the person ahead of my was out of the OR. It was finally my turn, I walked in and sat on the OR table, scooted down and they strapped my legs in the stirrups. They strapped my arms in and started to administer the meds to make me go to sleep.

I came into the recovery room with O2 still on, first time for that. Bill was there, I didnt talk to him so I didn't say silly things. First thing I did say when I finally felt more coherent : "How many did we get?"
My good nurse laughed at me and said we got (drumrollllll)

15 eggs!!! WOOOO
Tomorrow they will call and give me the "fert report" and then I will have a transfer friday, saturday, or monday (it will probably be saturday) Until then, we wait!

Thanks for all the prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment