Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weeee'rrreeee BBBaaaccckkkk!!!!!

I know I have some new followers, so I'm going to take this cycle really slow and do my best to explain everything.
So update on me ---
RE wasn't a giant asshole today! So that's a win. He said Colin was adorable, which I think is required for him to say...but since he is in the business of making babies it felt like a compliment? But I digress...
We worked backwards, and determined some dates. We need to not be pregnant before Aug 1st in order to be eligible for short term disability when I am on maternity leave (semantics...).

We will start provera (a drug that brings on a period) tomorrow (unless BW [blood work] showed I ovulated recently, HA). 12 Days of provera, then CD3 (cycle day) BW, and a hysteroscopy (camera inserted into my uterus) Below is the pic I snapped of one from last time...


Then 2 or 3 weeks of BCPs (birth control pills) then a suppression check (this determines that my hormones are in check and that we have control over them, it ensures my body isn't ovulating on its own). Then I will be starting stims (2-4 injections into my stomach a night in order to make my ovaries hyper stimulate, grow large quantities(15+) of eggs) on July 10th -ish. Followed by a retrieval of the eggs 10ish days later, and a transfer of embryos 3 days after that. And a beta (blood pregnancy test) Aug 4th -ish. I need to have a PAP and a physical before my suppression check (scheduled for Thursday and the 22nd).
So They took 9 viles of blood and a urine sample today. That was so fun, but YAY they got a vein in my arm instead of my hand!
We had the # of embryos discussion, turns out my insurance only covers the transfer of one embryo in women under 35, with 8 cells or more at an A or B grade. (Josh and Zoe were 7 and 9 cells with B grade, Colin was an 8 cell B). So while it makes me nervous, its sort of "nice" that it take the decision out of our hands.
So thats where we are at. As always ask any questions! 

And for your viewing pleasure... My goober! Colin!


No comments:

Post a Comment